As an undergraduate, John Fleming wanted to be a teacher. After getting credentialed, his first student teaching assignment was unpleasant. He worked in many industries, got a cushy government job and even started a Crossfit gym in his family's garage with his wife. Ultimately, teaching was calling him. Finally, at age 40 after returning to school to get his Masters degree - he landed his first teaching job. Thirteen years later he pinches himself because he loves his work so much. Hear John's inspirational yet unorthodox story of how he finally found his calling and makes a difference in lives of the next generations. Listen and you'll learn:
1. Why finding your calling later in life is a good thing.
2. How "failure" can work to your advantage
3. Why it's a good idea to interview the interviewer before taking a job.
4. The importance of emphasizing attitude and effort in a culture.
5. The way to show your child the light, when they don't listen to you!
Did you get your Free Copy of Dawn's book yet?
Other episodes you'll enjoy:
I Found My Best and True Self While Teaching Around the World
10 Ways to Work in Paradise with Diane Huth
Connect with me:
Support the show